ARN respects your right to privacy. We are sensitive to the concerns that our clients, audience, customers and online users may have with regards to the confidentiality, security and use of their personal information and have outlined below how we will manage your personal information. We are committed to implementing practices, procedures and systems that ensure we comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). Details of which can be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/)
1. DESCRIPTION OF OUR BUSINESS:
ARN (ARN) is a major commercial network of metropolitan radio stations. The network consists of the following radio stations:
• Sydney KIIS106.5 FM www.kiis1065.com.au
• 101.7 WS-FM www.wsfm.com.au
• The Edge 96.1 FM www.961.com.au
• Melbourne KIIS 101.1 FM www.kiis1011.com.au
• GOLD 104.3 www.gold1043.com.au
• Adelaide MIX 102.3 FM www.mix1023.com.au
• Cruise 1323 AM www.cruise1323.com.au
• Brisbane 97.3 FM www.973fm.com.au
• 4KQ 693 AM www.4kq.com.au
• HIT 104.7 www.fm1047.com.au
• MIX 106.3 www.mix106.com.au
• 96FM Perth http://www.96fm.com.au/
2. ABOUT THIS POLICY
(a) the kinds of personal information we collect and how we collect it;
(b) our reasons for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information;
(c) how you may access your personal information held by us and have it corrected;
(d) how you may complain about the way we deal with your personal information, and how we will deal with you complain; and
(e) whether we will disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, and if so the likely location(s) of those recipients.
Personal information is generally any information or opinions that identify you personally such as; your name, your professional qualifications, details of your business, address, telephone number, facsimile number and email address
3. KINDS OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect and hold personal information related to you, which is necessary for the purpose of conducting our business, including (without limitation):
• Email Address
• Blog or Website URL
• Social Networking Handle or Username
• Demographic Information (e.g., age, gender, interests, salary and preferences)
• Activities or Content Viewed on our websites
• Information Collected Automatically (detailed below)
• Information Received from Third Parties
We will not collect, hold, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, gender, date of birth or health information) except with your consent or where required or permitted by law.
How the information maybe collected:
Information is usually collected directly from you but occasionally, it may be provided by third party service providers if you had previously consented to that information being provided to other entities or publicly available sources.
Personal information may be collected via:
• registering on our website
• requesting to be contacted;
• providing feedback in an online survey or other information;
• participating in a promotional offer, competition or event;
• ordering of products or services;
• reporting a technical problem;
• subscribing to a newsletter or a mailing list; or
• in the normal course of business through:
o meetings, phone calls, letters, faxes, emails, advertisers commercial agreement, documents and dealings
o third party credit agencies, mailing lists.
In addition, we may also collect information about you if you:
• post comments or submit content which is publicly available which contains information about you; and
• log-in to or access one of our online sites through a third party social media service. This may include information you have disclosed via the social media service and information or content you have permitted the social media service to share with us (for example, your profile picture, email address, followers or friends lists)
3.1 Tracking online behaviour
Online we collect:
• your responses to promotions, giveaways and competitions;
• the time, date and URL of each request for a page from our web server, plus information on the browser software being used to make the request; and
• information from your computer or device allowing us to: analyse trends, administer our websites, track your web navigation, and gather broad demographic information for aggregated use.
You can set your browser to accept or reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. If you reject cookies or delete our cookies, you may still use our websites, but may not have access to all areas.
4. WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 Our main reasons for collecting your personal information
(a) to identify you.
(b) to manage, administer and control the quality of the products and services we provide to you.
(c) to market our products and services to you.
(d) to comply with our legal obligations.
4.2 Our other reasons for collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information
(a) to conduct promotions and competitions.
(b) to develop and improve our products and services.
(c) to identify your behaviour, habits and preferences.
(d) to assist you with enquiries or complaints.
(e) to allow our related bodies corporate to market their products and services to you.
4.3 Related Companies
We may collect and share personal information about you with related bodies corporate, joint venture partners and affiliated companies and businesses (Related Companies), so we can provide you with the products and services you request and bring you information about products and services they offer.
4.4 Companies who provide services to us
In some cases, we contract with other companies or individuals to provide services to us. Examples of these may include deliveries, market research, public relations, debt collection agencies, legal advisors, auditors etc. We provide them only with such information about you as they need to perform their services and we impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on them in how they handle your personal information.We make it very clear that they are not permitted to use information about you for any other purpose except to perform the services we have asked them to provide.
5. HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold from:
(a) misuse, interference and loss; and
(b) unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
These include: protection of passwords using industry standard encryption, measures to preserve system security and prevent unauthorised access, and back-up systems to prevent accidental or malicious loss of data.
Paper copies are stored in locked cabinets or restricted access archive rooms.
Documents verifying your identity will be stored in a secure electronic environment.
5.2 Third Parties
We may use third party providers to store personal information electronically. We take reasonable steps to ensure this information is held as securely as information stored on our own equipment.
Unfortunately, all the risks involved in sending information through any channel over the Internet cannot be removed, as such you send information over the Internet entirely at your own risk.
Where possible and practicable personal information will be de-identified.
5.5 Accidental or Unauthorised Use or Disclosure
In the event of accidental or unauthorised use or disclosure of personal information we shall take prompt action to remedy such breach and shall notify the individual and the Privacy Commissioner as required under the Privacy Act.
Our staff are trained in dealing with data breaches and we have in place a formal Data Breach Response Plan.
External service providers contracted by us are bound to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act in relation to notification of data breaches.
6. HOW CAN I ACCESS AND CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
You have a right to ask for access to the personal information we hold about you.
Your personal information will usually be available within 30 days of your request. If there is a fee for accessing your personal information, we will confirm the amount before providing the information.
In some circumstances we may not be able to grant you access to your personal information (for example, if the release of your personal information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others).
You have a right to ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
It is not always possible to remove or modify information in our databases, but we will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information, so it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If we decline to make a correction, you may request us to attach to your personal information a statement that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
If we disclosed the information to a third party before correcting it, you may request us to notify the third party of the correction we’ve made. We will not charge you to request a correction, or for making a correction or attaching a statement.
7. IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED WITH ANYBODY OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA?
On occasion, we may disclose personal information to recipients in New Zealand, the United States and potentially other overseas territories from time to time but will not do so unless:
(a) reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information that is transferred will not be collected, held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the APPs; or
(b) we reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a law or binding scheme which has the effect of protecting the information in a way that is substantially similar to the APPs and that there are mechanisms that the individual can access to enforce that protection; or
(c) the individual concerned consents to the disclosure after being expressly informed that the overseas recipient is not bound to protect the personal information in accordance with the APPs or any substantially similar regime; or
(d) the disclosure is required or authorised by Australian law; or
(e) a “permitted general situation” exists. That is, the disclosure is necessary:
(i) to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety;
(ii) to take appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct;
(iii) to locate a person reported as missing;
(iv) for a diplomatic or consular function or activity; or
(v) for certain Defence Force activities outside Australia); or
(f) the disclosure is required or authorised under an international agreement relating to information sharing; or
(g) the disclosure is required for an enforcement related activity.
8. HOW LONG CAN WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or ensure it is de-identified if:
• there is no longer a need to use or disclose your personal information for any authorised purpose; and
• if we are not legally required to retain that information.
9. CONTACT US
Please contact us if you:
• wish to discuss any privacy issues; or
• have any concerns regarding your personal information;
• a or a complaint regarding our compliance with this policy; or
• do not wish to receive any future communications.
please either at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 131065 or write to us at:
The Privacy Officer
ARN 3 Byfield St
North Ryde NSW 2113
We will consider and respond to a complaint within a reasonable time frame (usually 30 days). However, if your complaint is not resolved by our Privacy Officer you can refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at the following.
GPO Box 2999
Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Phone: 1300 363 992 Fax: 02 9284 9666
We may provide links enabling you to click-through to third party sites from our websites.