If you’re superstitious then a day like Friday the 13th might make the hairs on your neck stand up, or have you avoiding any cracks in pavements, ladders and the odd black cat.
Fear not, because there’s one way to stay out of trouble this Friday the 13th and that’s by laying back and watching only the spookiest of movies.
Here’s a list of 13 spooky movies that you can watch this Friday the 13th to get into the eerie spirit:
- “Friday the 13th” (1980) – A classic choice for the occasion, featuring the infamous Jason Voorhees.
- “The Shining” (1980) – Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation of Stephen King’s novel is a psychological horror masterpiece.
- “A Nightmare on Elm Street” (1984) – Join Freddy Krueger in the dream world for some intense scares.
- “The Exorcist” (1973) – Regarded as one of the scariest movies ever made, it’s perfect for a night of fright.
- “The Conjuring” (2013) – A modern horror gem based on real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren.
- “Hereditary” (2018) – A deeply unsettling and thought-provoking supernatural horror film.
- “The Witch” (2015) – A period horror piece that delves into witchcraft and family hysteria.
- “Get Out” (2017) – Jordan Peele’s thought-provoking horror film that tackles societal issues along with spine-tingling scares.
- “The Babadook” (2014) – A psychological horror film that explores the fear of a sinister presence.
- “The Ring” (2002) – A remake of the Japanese horror classic “Ringu,” featuring a cursed videotape.
- “Sinister” (2012) – A chilling tale of a true-crime writer who uncovers something sinister.
- “Don’t Breathe” (2016) – A suspenseful thriller with unexpected twists and intense moments.
- “The Sixth Sense” (1999) – M. Night Shyamalan’s film with a famous twist ending and ghostly encounters.
Happy Friday the 13th and enjoy the spooky season!