A Scottish woman had the fright of her life after accidentally flying home with a spotted python in her shoe.
Moira Boxall flew home from Mackay in Queensland to Glasgow and was relaxing in her house when she discovered the slippery sucker.
Her son in law, Paul, told the ABC:
“She actually thought that Sarah [daughter] and I had put a fake snake in her shoe to wind her up, so at first she thought it was a joke until she touched it and it moved,” he said.
“She absolutely lost it — it was her first real encounter with a snake.”
She quickly contacted the Scottish RSPCA who took the non-venomous little critter into quarantine and hopefully into a local zoo.