Melbourne restaurant icon Sisto Malaspina has been given the send off he deserves with a vibrant street party.
The former Pellegrini’s owner was killed during the terror attack on Bourke Street in November of last year.
To celebrate his life, hundreds transformed Crossley Street into a mini-festival with music, food and drinks.
The event was in conjunction with the Melbourne Food and Wine
It was declared a raging success by Lord Mayor Sally Capp.
“Through his very generous personality, Sisto was renowned for welcoming people to Melbourne,” Ms Capp said.
“It’s exactly that spirit that we think is exemplified through this event.”
Nino Pangrazio told the Herald Sun his longtime friend and business partner would be “so sad to miss the party”.
“Sisto’s still here in spirit, he’s here every day,” he said.
“We miss him greatly.”
— City of Melbourne (@cityofmelbourne) March 24, 2019