A Sydney mum has warned others after an earring she allegedly purchased from Kmart became lodged into her daughter’s ear lobe.
Chanelle Facaris told 7News.com.au that she purchased a pack of $3 earrings for her daughter to use temporarily. She did not experience any pain at school or at home.
It wasn’t until Facaris was brushing her daughter’s hair when she discovered the issue, saying that the backing was deeply embedded into her skin.
Facaris took her daughter to the hospital to have it removed and now wants to raise awareness about how harmful cheap jewellery can be.
We chose not to post the images, but if you’d like to see them, you can go to 7news.com.au