Let’s be honest, you’re reading this because you want strawberry mousse. Supporting our farmers is a secondary, albeit worthy byproduct of your sweet tooth.
But in the words of God herself:
So mousse on, you crazy diamond!
- 1 punnet of strawberries, blended
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups of cream
- 2 tsp of hot water
- 1 tsp of gelatine powder
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- Add the gelatine to the hot water. Stir until dissolved and stand for 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until you see soft peaks forming. Gradually add the sugar while beating, until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Whip the cream until it has soft peaks
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the whipped cream
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice and gelatin. Fold everything together.
- Pour into glasses (or mason jars if you’re planning on Instagramming this later)
- Cover with glad wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours
- Feel VERY pleased with yourself for a bit
- Put in your mousse-hole