Billionaire Gina Rinehart’s battle with the Nine Network over the second episode of House of Hancock may not be over.
AAP understands the mining magnate is considering her legal options, despite reaching a last-ditch confidential settlement with the network before the closing instalment of the drama based on her family’s story was televised on Sunday night.
Ms Rinehart’s solicitor Mark Wilks said after the program that Nine had been aware of glaring errors in the second episode that were misleading and “twisted”.
Despite the network’s disclaimer the show was a “drama, not a documentary”, it remained devoid of factual accuracy, he told AAP.
In a litany of complaints, Mr Wilks said scenes showing Ms Rinehart conversing with her deceased father were “entirely false”.
“(The scenes are) offensive and endeavours to question Mrs Rinehart’s sanity, soundness of mind or acumen,” he told AAP.
Mr Wilks dismissed what he said were suggestions Ms Rinehart had conspired to prepare a deed that would circumvent her father’s final will.
The suggestion Ms Rinehart confronted her father while he was in hospital was also offensive and inconsistent with the reality she loved her father and wouldn’t upset him in hospital, he said.
Ms Rinehart’s solicitor also complained the show got dates wrong.
“Ms Rinehart did not arrange security glass for HPPL’s offices until late 1997,” Mr Wilks said.
The complaints follow a confidential settlement between Ms Rinehart and the network after the billionaire was granted an early viewing of the second episode by the Supreme Court.
The court took the unusual step of sitting on a Saturday to the resolve the dispute before the show aired. AAP