Gold 104.3
PURE GOLD

Now Playing:

Loading...
Listen on

Popular Melbourne Restaurant Up In Flames

A fire has ripped through a popular Chinese restaurant on Chapel Street.

Emergency services were called to the Shanghai Street restaurant at around 1:15PM and found the rear of the building alight.

Twenty-six firefighters worked on controlling the fire and it was extinguished within 19 minutes.

There are no reports of any injuries.

All trams have been halted on Chapel Street as a result of the blaze, with motorists told to avoid the area.

Share this: