MH17 Truth Revealed: NEW Footage Of Men Who Shot Plane Down
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
New video footage has emerged showing Russian-backed rebels arriving at the scene of the MH17 crash in eastern Ukraine, believing they'd shot down a Ukrainian fighter jet.
The footage - which was reportedly filmed by the rebels themselves and released exclusively by News Corp Australia - allegedly shows the insurgents dismay as they discover the aircraft is a commercial airliner.
It also shows the rebels rifling through the luggage of the 298 passengers and crew.
The flight was headed to Kuala Lumpur from the Netherlands, and was shot down 40 km east of the Russian border.
In the footage, a soldier is heard to say, "Who gave them the corridor (right to fly through this area?)"
The airliner was shot down with a ground-to-air missile, killing 38 Australians.
The victims of the MH17 tragedy will always be remembered, Prime Minister Tony Abbott said.
Mr Abbott will join friends and family of the 38 Australian citizens and residents who died to unveil a plaque and hold a memorial service at Parliament House on the first anniversary of the disaster on Friday.
"There were 298 innocent people on this aircraft and their deaths offend our sense of justice," Mr Abbott said before the service.
"On this first anniversary, we restate our support for the families and honour the lives of their loved ones. They will always be remembered."
The memorial plaque in the gardens of Parliament House is inscribed with the names of the Australian victims and sits on top of soil taken from the Ukrainian town of Rozsypne.
Relatives of MH17 crash victims have filed a nearly $US900 million ($A1.22 billion) suit against a one-time leader of Ukrainian insurgents over the shooting down of the jet over the rebel-held east of the country last year.
A writ filed in Chicago on Wednesday claimed that Igor Strelkov, a Russian also known as Igor Girkin, was acting with the "actual or apparent" authority of President Vladimir Putin's government when the Malaysia Airlines jet was blown out of the sky, killing all 298 people on board.
Relatives of 17 victims are being represented by a US-based firm specialising in aviation litigation, which is claiming at least $US50 million for each of the plaintiffs' loved ones.