Inquest Into Nick Cave's Son's Death Set
An inquest has been opened and adjourned into the death of Australian musician Nick Cave's teenage son, who fell from a cliff.
Arthur Cave was found with life-threatening injuries on the underpass of Ovingdean Gap in Brighton in England on July 14.
The 15-year-old died in hospital later that evening.
Police have said his death was not being treated as suspicious.
At the inquest opening in Brighton, a coroner's officer said the cause of death was from "multiple traumatic injuries due to a fall from a height".
A full inquest into Arthur Cave's death will take place on November 20 at a venue to be confirmed, assistant deputy coroner Kate Palmer said.
Statements would be read from people including the person who was with Arthur on the day he died, she said.
Neither Nick Cave or his wife, Susie, attended the short hearing.
Cave, 57, is best known as being lead singer of the band Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, an alternative rock group formed in Melbourne in 1983.
Last year Cave and his wife appeared alongside Arthur and his twin brother Earl in 20,000 Days On Earth, a film documenting a fictitious 24 hours in the singer's life.
Following Arthur's death, Cave and his wife released a short statement through police saying "he was our beautiful, happy, loving boy".
Cave has two other sons, Luke and Jethro.