Airbnb Have Spoken Out After A Customer Was Murdered
Last week it was reported that a man staying in a house in Melbourne was murdered by the three men who lived there.
It has now been revealed that the 36-year-old had booked the room on the global room sharing website Airbnb for $30 a night when he was allegedly raped and murdered last Wednesday night.
Airbnb have since spoken out after the incident saying that they are "deeply saddened and outraged" that such a disgusting act has occurred to one of their customers.
"There is no place on Airbnb for such an abhorrent act, which violates everything our global community stands for," the company said in a statement.
"We have removed this listing from our platform and will fully co-operate with law enforcement on their investigation."
The accommodation company also said that they would help support the victim's family during this tough time and "our hearts go out to them and all of his friends."
Three men have since been arrested in relation to the incident. Craig Levy and Ryan Smart were charged with murder and Jason Colton was charged with murder as well as raping the victim with an object.
They faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday and did not apply for bail. The men will reappear in court in March.