Melbourne's Night Market Returns And We Are Pumped
- Where: Queen Victoria Market Queen St & Therry St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
15th November, 2017, 4:30 PM - 11th April, 2018, 11:00 PM
add to calendar
- Event Type: Food & Drink
- Website: https://www.thenightmarket.com.au/
Melbourne’s original and favourite Night Market will return to the iconic Queen Victoria Market from Wednesday 15 November for its biggest summer yet with a blockbuster 21-week season until 11 April 2018.
The Night Market will celebrate its 20th year in the sun with a dazzling program of summer food, drinks, artisan shopping and live entertainment.
Famous for bringing relaxed summer fun to Wednesday nights in Melbourne, in 2017/18 The Night Market will gather more than 60 global street food stalls and festival bars; more than 130 artisan fashion, homewares and general merchandise traders; plus, a rotating line-up of buzzing live music and entertainment.
This summer season will see many new food and beverage traders debut at The Night Market, including:
• Gangnam Pocha – Korean street food featuring spicy rice cakes, sweet and spicy deep-fried chicken and sweet potato noodles;
• Poke Doke – Raw fish poke bowls and sushi doughnuts;
• Pachamancha – Authentic Peruvian street food;
• Boston Bagels – American style bagels;
• Mitchelton Spritz – A new take on a summer favourite featuring Mitchelton Wines’ own Sparkling Cuvee; and
• Melbourne Gin Company – Classic gin cocktails with a Melbourne twist!
Night Market-goers can also revisit favourites from previous Night Market seasons, including:
• The Cypriot Kitchen – Chicken souvla and other Cypriot street food cooked using secret family recipes;
• The Black Sheep – Traditional Greek barbecue cooked up by George Vagianakis whose CV includes Jacques Reymond. Think pulled lamb, pork and chicken souvlakis with sides;
• Taki’s Balls – Greek doughnut balls served with mouth-watering toppings like Nutella and salted caramel with crushed toffee popcorn;
• Running Bull Sangria – Red and white sangria. Olé!
• Garden Bar – A pop-up collaboration between summer’s quintessential drink, Pimm’s, and Coldstream Brewery.
The Night Market is sure to become Melbourne’s favourite midweek hangout for the twentieth year running; providing locals and visitors alike with a vibrant, summer-fun atmosphere to enjoy the warmer months in style.
Season dates: Wednesday 15 November 2017 to Wednesday 11 April 2018 (excluding Wednesday 27 December 2017)
Time: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Where: Queen Victoria Market, corner Queen and Therry Streets.
Parking: $15 event parking, 4:30pm – 11:00pm